Thursday, December 17, 2009

Trying to become who I want to be

I looked at my blog for the first time in a long time.  I can't believe more than a year has passed by since I've written in my blog.  Well, there is no time like the present to start writing.  Maybe this time I'll actually be better about it.  I'd bank on no...but who knows?

So, with my close of service fast approaching, and only 5 months of service left, my place here is weird.  A friend e-mailed me and put it perfectly, "trying to soak up last moments of village but one foot is back in America."  It's an odd balancing act.  But they do have one thing in common...trying to accomplish the personal growth that I originally set out to do.

I believe every Peace Corps volunteer had some sort of vision of who he/she would be after their service was over.  We all join the Peace Corps for different reasons, but the chance for two years of reflection and personal growth must be a factor for most volunteers.  Well, now that my time here is almost up, and thinking about what life will be like when I get back, has me evaluating my progress and assessing what I still need to do while I'm here.  For me, as can be expected, it isn't something specific that needs to change, but rather a vision that needs to be accomplished.  All I know is that I would like to be a caring man, who understands what is important in his life and has the discipline to accomplish his goals.  Hopefully, that is happening.  I am tired of floating, whatever country I may be in.

Well, that's my current thoughts.  I'm going to try to catch you up on my current project.  But I'll say one thing now...I never knew that there was so much to know about Mangoes...yeah, that's right, mangoes.

No comments: